Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Background Info

Just as a little background info to what you'll be hearing from, I have at one time or another been immersed in any kind of music. I was raised in rural Nebraska where George Strait, Chris LaDeux, and Garth Brooks were never too far from the ears. At a young age one of my older brothers was a drummer for a pop punk cover band, so i was constantly immersed in Blink 182 and Jimmy Eat World. Growing up a little more I got into the rap world where I was influenced by Ludacris, Eminem, and N.W.A.. That leads us to right now.

Now living in Lincoln, Nebraska as well as before, I have been introduced into the Omaha music scene. So I am a big fan Bright Eyes, Cursive, and M. Ward. The indie scene holds a special place in my heart. I also am largely influenced in writing and in life by the heavier scene of Underoath, Rise Against, and System Of A Down. I have also been introduced into the alternative scene with such bands like Brand New, Manchester Orchestra, and Silversun Pickups.

Most of my love comes from the older bands in any of the genres. When I heard my first Led Zeppelin album I picked up the guitar. When I got my first Pink Floyd record I experimented more with my guitar. It was when I first heard the Smiths that I started to write lyrics. I have found great influence in Pearl Jam, Nirvana, as well as some of the great hardcore cult bands. Hopefully this gives you a background into what has gone through my history of music and a better understanding if something is worth listening to through mutual loves of specific music.

No comments:

Post a Comment